The Divine Muses Oracle pre-orders have all been packed up and shipped out! Your package is making its way to you, if it hasn't already arrived! You should have received tracking information via email. If you didn't receive it, please check your junk mail. If it's not there, please contact me and I will give you that information ASAP.
Today I want to share with you some ways I have been using this oracle set. I will be focusing on the new Holistic Magick Spread that I shared with you last month.
This spread has two parts. The four outer cards are the four quarters/corners of Earth, Air, Fire & Water. The three on the inside represent the holistic trine of body, mind & spirit.
How to throw the spread
1. Four Corners: Call in the four quarters/directions by placing a card in the four corners of the spread. If you have a magical practice and feel called to cast a Circle to contain your reading, you may want to do that before shuffling/drawing your cards.
2. Inner Trine: Place the last three cards inside the four corners. These three cards will connect you with the different aspects of your holistic trine: body, mind & spirit.
I created this spread specifically to use with the Divine Muses Oracle, but you can use tarot, or a mix of tarot with oracle.
Today, I go through a few ways to use this spread with oracle and tarot cards. There is also an example of a reading using just the oracle cards at the bottom of this post.
Options for using the Holistic Magick Spread
► You may choose to use tarot cards for the Four Corners and the Divine Muses Oracle for the Inner Trine:
► Use the Minor Arcana from your tarot for the Four Corners. Break the deck down into the four suits and shuffle each pile separately. Draw the appropriate card to place on each of the four corners. For example, the suit of Pentacles pile is shuffled, a card is drawn and placed in the 1st position of Earth. (Pentacles is the Earth suit.) The suit of Swords is shuffled, a card is drawn and placed in the 2nd position for Air. Repeat for Wands for position 3 and Cups for position 4.
► Then shuffle the Divine Muses Oracle and draw cards to reveal the Inner Trine: Body, Mind & Spirit, positions 5 – 7:
► You can use the whole tarot deck for this spread too. Use the four suits from the Minor Arcana for the Four Corners and the Major Arcana for the Inner Trine:
Shuffling oracle and tarot cards together
One reason I wanted the Divine Muses Oracle cards to be a standard tarot size is so that it could be possible to shuffle oracle and tarot decks together! You will need standard sized tarot cards to make this work (2.75'' × 4.75''/ 70mm × 120mm). I used the Antiquarian Tarot here.
Shuffling them together may be difficult if you have small hands. The fullness of the two decks together is almost too much for me, but I'm able to make it happen. If you can't riffle shuffle, then I recommend overhand shuffling or the washing method (face down stirring the cards around.)
Once I have shuffled the two sets together a few times, I cut the deck into three parts and turn the middle stack 180 degrees to bring reversals into the mix. Then I shuffle some more, cut the deck and throw the cards into the spread I'm using.
Example reading: Holistic Magick Spread
Example reading using only the Divine Muses Oracle.
The focus for this particular reading was reflecting the energy of this past weekend. I won't go too deep into the reading, but I invite you to reflect the nuances found here.
THE FOUR CORNERS (OF MAGICK)
1. Earth: Shadow Queen - at the foundation there is work in tapping into our dark underbelly and recognizing the shadow that exists within each of us. It's time for a hard look and honest assessment. The question for this position: What replenishes you or sustains you? Plumbing the depths of your subconscious. Understanding your shadow self and acknowledging it to achieve growth. Whatever shadow work we do personally now will aid in the overall evolution of the collective shadow.
2. Air: Lion Heart - this position talks of new beginnings, thoughts and ideas. Positional question: What new ideas are blowing in? Lion Heart shows strength, courage and loyalty; having integrity and connecting passionately with a cause that we believe in and must devote time to. It's now time to do something different; confronting a difficult task with heart even when we fear the outcome might not change. Lion Heart shows a Sekhmet-like being, the ancient Egyptian goddess. With powers of destruction and creativity, she represents feminine courage and protection, as well as wisdom of the heart. Casting out the old, bringing in a new light of power!
3. Fire: Group Mind - the Fire position speaks of transformation, passion, drama and action. The question: What inspires and excites you? With Group Mind in this position (passion/drama), I see the shadow side of the continuing cycle of the online echo chambers. But, I also see the transformative power a movement can bring when we put our minds together. With the previous card this combined energy reflects promoting a cause that we deeply care about, or joining a movement that we strongly believe in. We are stronger together than alone. We must take action (Fire) and not allow apathy to grab hold.
4. Water: Lattice of the Soul - this position reflects our deep, psychic, receptive and creative qualities. It may also point to our emotional response. The question: What spills forth from the depths of your heart? The Lattice of the Soul card reflects albedo (whitening), the second phase of the alchemical procedure. It speaks to purification and cleansing. There is a welling up of energy happening right now to do away with that which is no longer working. Albedo washes away the debris from the first phase (nigredo - blackening phase-death, transmutation). It's all about clearing away what is broken. When we reach albedo, we see a glimmer of light and hope.
THE INNER TRINE (HOLISTIC TRINE)
5: Body: Totem of Water - the message from the body; what's going on physically or in the environment? With the Totem of Water, this is about trusting or needing to trust our gut instinct. Feeling deep compassion and love for ourselves and others...and being in touch with the truth of our feelings. It's important right now that we listen to what our intuition is telling us. We can sometimes feel this signal by the physical reactions that can occur, like butterflies or tension in the body.
6. Mind: Sea Priestess - the message from the mind; this position reflects beliefs, attitude and internal reflection. What is the current state of mind? The Sea Priestess' magical power is an ability to go with the ebb and flow of life. And, as this is the position of the Mind, this message speaks to the power of positive words that make an impact. Think of Dr. Masuru Emoto's famous work, where the effect of words influenced the structure of water molecules. Positive words created beautiful snowflake patterns. In other words, positive intentions have great power now.
7. Spirit: Ultima Materia - the message from your angel/guide/Higher Self; reflecting spiritual wisdom, inner guidance and illumination. And it's the Ultima Materia card, the alchemical card of realization! Rubeo reflects Ultima Materia and is the last phase of the alchemical procedure, which signals the arrival of spiritual gold. The positional question is: What is being lit up or realized? I see this as a time where the truth is finally being illuminated and hope this means there is an evolution of healing and change that indicates once and for all something can be done.
I hope today's post helps you to visualize how you can use the Holistic Magick Spread. I'd love to hear from you and how you use the Divine Muses Oracle in your practice or with other spreads.
Contact me or tag me on your social media posts! And, let me know if you have any questions.
Peace and love,